Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Zucchini Slice

Summer vegetables are appearing. YES! Some oversize zucchinis became a dinner last week - in the form of a Zucchini Slice. The recipe given to me is very imprecise - and I am attempting to quantify it. Watching my sister cook it over the weekend has given me a few ideas to experiment with. Stay tuned for a recipe...

I served the Slice with steamed asparagus and tomatoes dressed with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I like this slice with something sweet and spicy. A simple salad made with sliced tomato, torn basil, thinly sliced red onion, sprinkled with a little salt and freshly ground pepper (dressed with EVOO and balsamic vinegar) would have been perfect. Otherwise, a spicy ketchup, sweet chili sauce or Sriracha sauce might be good according to taste. It is a perfect picnic food and I have even made it as individual muffins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment