Tuesday, February 11, 2020

mum of 16 years

Today marks the day that our lovely Luc has made the journey around the sun 16 times. It also marks the day that I have been a mother for 16 years. Wow!

I rediscovered the egg image today, and it seemed somehow appropriate. Eggs and motherhood. I love the simple perfection and sense of calm that this image conjures. Mother nature has a habit of evoking these feelings. With all my eggs off the boil and no longer being able to have babies, it makes my lovely three all the more precious. 

The eggs pictured were purchased from a local farm that raised free-range chickens of several varieties. The resultant eggs were a mix of subtly different shades and sizes. I had hardboiled the eggs for one of the kid's birthday parties, and they were simply coexisting in a bowl together. 
Despite Luc towering over me now (at a stately 6'2"), he has a lovely gentle nature, is a deep thinker, and a truly wonderful soul to be around. I'm in deep admiration of his motivation and tenacity to not only writebut also illustrate and promotehis own cyberpunk novel. I only aspire to the levels of procrastination that can take someone to 150,000 words! 😜
Birthdays on school days, when one has to be out the door at just after 6:30am, mean celebrations have to be delayed. Oh well. A slice of carrot cake and a nice cup of chai with the family after school will have to suffice. Happy birthday my cheeky monkey—your Nanma and Grumpy would be so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment