Saturday, March 16, 2013

My birthday brunch

My darling husband seriously makes the BEST Eggs Benedict! When he asked what I would like for my birthday breakfast - there was no choice! Making the muffins (from scratch) as well, meant that breakfast arrived at brunch. No complaints from me. 
Where custard-type cooking makes me cringe, Paul has no problems making Hollandaise sauce - or custard or Zabaglione for that matter. 
Paul pre-poaches his eggs (one at a time), lets these rest in iced water, before refreshing in boiling water just before serving. He makes his Hollandaise early and then keeps this warm in a thermos container. Paul starts the muffin mix the night before to speed up the process a bit. He cooks the bacon in the panini press. Everything is timed to perfection to serve 5 at once. It is one of the family's collective favorite foods. 
Of course, any breakfast or brunch is not complete without a flat white made by my Mister Barista. 

No comments:

Post a Comment